THE SUPER-AGREEABLE is always reasonable, sincere, and supportive to your face but never delivers a promise. They are driven by the need to be liked by everyone. They are afraid to lose that if they get into conflicts. They are difficult People only when their needs to give and receive friendship conflict with negative aspects of reality. The super aggregable will commit themselves to actions they cannot or will not follow through. Rather than directly risk losing your friendship or approval, Super-Agreeable.
COPING WITH SUPER-AGREEABLES
- You must work hard to surface the underlying facts and issues that prevent the SuperAgreeables from acting.
- Tell them you value them as people by telling them directly.
- Asking or remarking about family, hobbies, and wearing apparel. Do this only if you mean it, at least a little.
- Ask them to tell you about those things that might interfere with your good relationship.
- Ask them to talk about any aspect of your product, service, or self (if appropriate, only) that is not as good as the best.
- Be ready to compromise and negotiate if the open conflict is in the wind.
- Listen to Super-Agreeable humor. There may be hidden messages in those quips or teasing remarks.
If you feel like me that you are super agreeable, here is a short video that I recommend about the subject